SOUTH AFRICAN CITIZENS
According to South African Home Affairs regulations we need from you:
- TWO ID photos each of bride and groom which should be handed to the Marriage Officer on day of the wedding before the ceremony starts (colour or black and white)
- Certified copies of bride and groom ids as well as certified copies of two witnesses ids
- If a person is divorced, a certified copy of the final divorce decree.
- If a spouse is deceased, a certified copy of the death certificate
- Please decide whether you will be married in community of property or with an ante nupital contract. If ante nupital – you need to submit a letter from the lawyer where you signed the contract, to confirm that you have signed the ante nupital contract BEFORE your wedding.
All the above documents can be send via fax or scan and send via e-mail BUT it is a good idea to have it all on the day of the wedding too if the faxed/scanned copies are not clear. Beulah will inform you about clarity of documents
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO REGISTER YOUR MARRIAGE WITHOUT THE ABOVE ATTACHMENTS
We also have to take left thumb prints on the marriage register of the bride and groom on the day of the wedding.
(We will have wet-wipes ready)